Cornelia Gamlem & Barbara Mitchell are Human Resources veterans who have joined forces to offer management consulting services that help organizations meet their goals through motivated and engaged employees. One way to keep them motivated? The co-authors of four books — including The Big Book of HR, The Essential Workplace Conflict Handbook, The Conflict Resolution Phrase Book and The Manager’s Answer Book — say, make space for conflict.
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Cornelia and Barbara share three ways to handle conflict in your business, how to be empathetic without being too emotional and how to keep your employees happy, motivated and productive.
On this episode, we discuss:
- The value of partnerships.
- 3 ways to handle conflict in your business.
- What a well-managed conflict looks like.
- How to create an environment that values employees’ ideas.
- How to be empathetic without being emotional, especially when firing someone.
- Do “stay” interviews — and why they’re important.
- Always keep learning.
VISIT CORNELIA GAMLEM AND BARBARA MITCHELL AT bigbookofhr.com.
CONNECT WITH CORNELIA GAMLEM AND BARBARA MITCHELL:
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
ARE YOU READY TO STOP PLAYING SMALL IN YOUR BUSINESS AND IN YOUR LIFE? THEN IT’S TIME TO LEVEL-UP YOUR MINDSET!
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
[Music: “Time Flux” by Revolution Void]