After years of building a career in leadership positions in corporate America, Denise Harris — a native of my hometown of Lakeview, Long Island in New York — decided that it was time. She could no longer deny that burning passion she had to offer executive training and coaching services, so she signed up for a coaching course of her own while still working full-time. But once she started, she couldn’t stop, and neither did her clients, who started to flow into her by referrals.
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Denise talks about how to know when you’re onto something, how to get over impostor syndrome, how to quiet your inner critic and how to remove the idea that the road to your happiness “has to be hard.”
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, please click here to leave us a Rating & Review!
On this episode you’ll learn:
- How to pay attention to the signs and be self-aware enough to know that you’re on the right track.
- Getting over the misconception that it has to be hard.
- The power of masterminds and how they work.
- As a go-getter, what happens when you stop?
- How to identify that gets in the way.
- How to quiet the inner critic in your head that tries to keep you safe and comfortable.
- How to feel the fear and do it anyway.
- 3 important ways to help you get “unstuck.”
- What stops many of us from moving forward.
- The importance of celebrating the wins along the way.
VISIT DENISE’S COMPANY REALIFE LEADERSHIP at realife-leadership.com.
FOLLOW REALIFE LEADERSHIP at…
VISIT EVERYTHING EMILE at everythingemile.com
FOLLOW EVERYTHING EMILE at…
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Taming Your Gremlin: A Surprisingly Simple Method for Getting Out of Your Own Way by Rick Carson (Quill, 2003)
Inner Critic vs. The Whisper
Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert (Riverhead Books, 2016)
Julie Zuzek, The Corporate Yogi, featured on the Support is Sexy podcast
JOIN SUPPORT IS SEXY!
[Music: “Easy” by SPCZ]