When Gilda Squire’s mom passed away when she was 15, it impacted the trajectory of her life. Instead of graduating high school and going directly to George Mason College–which was her dream, she ended up working for the FBI in order to take care of herself and make her own money. And since then, the Ruther Glen, Virginia, native has felt like her mother has been with her as her guardian angel, guiding all of her decisions throughout her life and her career — from her positions in the federal government, to finance, to publishing to entrepreneur and owner of her own agency, Squire Media and Management.
Today, it’s Squire who guides the careers and brands of her elite clients, including groundbreaking ballerina Misty Copeland, who is the first Black woman to become principal dancer at the American Ballet Theatre. On this episode she talks about the importance of remaining curious, leveraging opportunities, knowing when to move on, and how to build a world class brand with staying power.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- The importance of curiosity and how it can lead you to other opportunities.
- You never know who’s watching.
- Always remember, when you encounter obstacles, there’s always another way.
- The importance of being coachable.
- Look for the opportunities within your environment.
- Knowing when it’s time to move on (and not being afraid to do so).
- How to take a step back in order to leap forward.
- The importance of giving yourself a deadline.
- Leveraging your past positions for your next venture.
- What one key factor that has sustained her company over the past decade.
- 3 components of building a successful brand.
- What most people get wrong about branding.
- How to remain committed to your brand.
VISIT GILDA SQUIRE AT gildasquire.com
FOLLOW GILDA SQUIRE AT…
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, please click here to leave us a Rating & Review!
JOIN SUPPORT IS SEXY!
[Music: “Easy” by SPCZ]