Back in 1995, before entrepreneurship was cool, Pennsylvania native Jen Groover didn’t know exactly what it was called, but she just knew that the thought of making someone else successful based on her hard work and efforts was a warped concept. And it was a box she refused to fit in.
Nicknamed “Cyclone” when she was younger, Jen became committed to creating something of her own, and then something else, and then something else. Now, Jen is a successful serial entrepreneur, inventor of million dollar product, The Butler Bag, has partnered with brands like Verizon and Avon, has been featured on television and widely throughout the press, gives keynote speaking address around the country and is an advocate for women in business and startups.
On this episode, Jen talks about getting past your limiting beliefs, getting clear on what really makes you happy, how to strengthen your emotional intelligence, why you shouldn’t stay in one lane, and why you should fear regret more than failure.
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, click here to leave us a Rating & Review on iTunes!
On this episode you’ll learn:
- Why your circumstances do not determine your destiny.
- How limiting beliefs stop you from moving forward.
- Why modeling — and asking questions — is so important.
- How having “things” isn’t what will fulfills you.
- Getting clear on what really makes me happy.
- Why intentional personal growth is crucial to being a successful entrepreneur.
- The power of strengthening your emotional intelligence.
- Why sugar DECREASES your emotional intelligence.
- The wisdom behind strategic partnerships and licensing.
- Why it’s foolish to think that you have to “stay in your lane.”
VISIT JEN GROOVER AT…
FOLLOW JEN GROOVER AT…
RESOURCES MENTION IN THIS EPISODE:
What If? & Why Not?: How to Transform Your Fears into Action and Start the Business of Your Dreams by Jen Groover (BenBella Books, 2010)
JOIN SUPPORT IS SEXY!
[Music: “Easy” by SPCZ]