Scareletta Media Founder and Social Stylist Melanie Mackie considers herself an accidental entrepreneur. The United Kingdom native began as a blogger in 2009 sharing tips about social media, long before many were turning to the internet for content and the market had yet to become saturated in the U.K. and throughout the world. Through her work online, and because of the freedom and flexibility it offered her, Melanie evolved her blog into a business — one that now supports women entrepreneurs in shaping their own social media style.
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Melanie shares her insider social media and productivity tips, and tells why you should think of your business as petit and powerful — but not small, why many women entrepreneurs struggle with stepping out front in their businesses (even though we want to!), and how she goes beyond simply teaching clients to post on social to helping them confidently shine on and offline.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- How to stop hiding and step out front.
- Not one secret formula for social.
- How to be brilliant on your all of your platforms.
- What is social styling?
- How to build your know-like-and-trust factor.
- Should there be a difference between the social content on your business and personal account?
- How to create a “living brand” on social.
- The importance of connections and collaborations.
- The common social media mistakes women entrepreneurs make.
- Productivity tools to help you manage social.
- The value of turning down projects that don’t align with your brand.
- How to get over your blockage around pricing.
VISIT MELANIE MACKIE AT scarlettamedia.com
FOLLOW MELANIE MACKIE AT…
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Thank you for listening! And hey, if you love it, please click here to leave us a Rating & Review!
JOIN SUPPORT IS SEXY!
[Music: “Easy” by SPCZ]