Syretta Bell was one of the only girls in her neighborhood, who mowed lawns and delivered newspapers to make money — never limited by the idea of what girls were “supposed” to do. In fact, she believes her uniqueness made her get even more customers! The Willingboro, New Jersey, native, says that uniqueness followed her throughout her formative years as her interest in fashion, beauty and style continued to blossom — especially when it came to doing her own makeup. Again, this uniqueness did not go unnoticed, and it was the people around her — namely her younger sisters — who let her know that she was onto something special.
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Syretta — who is now the head of the makeup department at Tyler Perry Studios — talks about surrounding yourself with people who believe in you before you believe in yourself, how to tap into something you naturally do well and just a few of the must-have items in her makeup bag.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- The importance of surrounding yourself with women who support and inspire you.
- Why people you know may recognize your gift before you do, so pay attention.
- The one thing you need to make sure is taken care of before you apply makeup.
- The reality behind the “glamour” of being a makeup artist — and what you need to know.
- Why you must know your worth.
- Tips on how to determine your rate as a makeup artist.
- Why having a vision, and sharing that vision, helps you move forward.
- The lesson she learned about timing, destiny and that what is for you is for you.
- A few of her must-have items for her makeup bag.
FOLLOW SYRETTA BELL AT….
SYRETTA’S FAVORITE MAKEUP PRODUCTS:
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
READY TO CREATE A BUSINESS & LIFE YOU LOVE?