As gifted as she is, it still took a while for Kim Coles to realize that as an actor, comedian and author, she is an entrepreneur and her very own brand. In 2010, she finally began to embrace the power and agency that entrepreneurship affords her. But in 2007, Kim was at rock bottom and feeling powerless. After Living Single — the groundbreaking TV show she co-starred in from 1993 – 1997 on FOX — was cancelled, Kim experienced a deep depression, fell into financial trouble and struggled to find her identity post-show.
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Kim talks about how she made it through that trying time, how to cherish a certain experience for what it is while still embracing what’s next, and how having a gratitude practice changes everything.
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- The importance of staying relevant and ready.
- The role gratitude plays in healing.
- The value of a great therapist.
- Why you don’t have to be a “guru” to share your story.
- How to lift as you climb.
- How to get over the idea that you have to do it all alone.
- Her powerful definition of G.I.F.T.S.
- Her top tips about getting into the entertainment business as an actor
VISIT Kim Coles at kimcoles.tv
FOLLOW Kim Coles at…
CLICK HERE TO SEE KIM AT THE SHE WAS MADE SUMMIT OCT 7th in CINCINNATI, OHIO AND GET A DISCOUNT OF 50% ON TICKETS WHEN YOU USE THE CODE SBGcode.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Get Kim’s gratitude journal at Openthegifts.com
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
LIKE THE PODCAST?
NEED SUPPORT FOR YOURSELF OR YOUR BUSINESS?