From the very beginning, Kala Maxym has gone in and out of different worlds. Early on, it was during her time growing up in Germany, where she was born and raised, as she traveled the world with her mother and father, who was a classical music conductor. Then it was in and out of the world of entrepreneurship and her nine-to-five. For Kala, it is the arts that keeps calling her, even when she has had “secure” jobs and steady paychecks with institutions like the federal government.
Today, Kala (an opera singer, who speaks four languages) creates a magical world for her clients through her company Five Senses Tastings — which creates unique “music tastings” where guests “taste with their ears.” On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Kala talks about knowing when it’s time to take the leap fully into entrepreneurship, how to confront rejection, and how to create your own luck when opportunities come your way.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- Heeding the signs when a new business idea may be brewing in you.
- Knowing when to take the leap and turn your side hustle into your full-time hustle.
- How to create your own luck when that opportunity comes.
- How to confront rejection and still be good to yourself.
- Ways to network and make authentic connections — rather than just collect business cards.
- Why learning that something doesn’t work or go your way doesn’t mean that you’ve failed.
- Why, as women, it’s our duty to stand up for ourselves.
- How being a bone marrow donor changed her life.
VISIT FIVE SENSES TASTINGS AT fivesensestastings.com.
FOLLOW FIVE SENSES TASTINGS AT…
RESOURCES MENTIONED ON THIS EPISODE
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
LIKE THE PODCAST?
NEED SUPPORT FOR YOURSELF OR YOUR BUSINESS?
[Music: “Easy” by SPCZ]