L’Oreal Thompson Payton, creator of the blog LTinthecity.com, grew up as a bookish girl in Belcamp, Maryland — obsessed with writing, reading, interviewing her baby sister and dreaming of making a move to New York City some day to become editor-in-chief of a teen magazine. Though she pursued that dream with fervor for several years when she got older — both as a freelancer and full-time — she didn’t learn until recently the importance of putting value on her craft and thinking of it as a business.
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, L’Oreal, now a Chicago resident, speaks candidly about her struggles with her identity growing up, finding her voice, pursuing her dream and having the courage to pivot when that dream changes. Plus her top tips on how to successfully launch your own personal blog!
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- Knowing when it’s time to pivot and dare to change your dream.
- The value of the side hustle while you’re building your dream.
- How to use your side hustle as an outlet for your other passions.
- Smart tips on how to get your personal blog started.
- How to get over impostor syndrome.
- Why you must toot your own horn.
VISIT L’OREAL AT ltinthecity.com.
FOLLOW L’OREAL AT…
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand in the Sun and Be Your Own Person by Shonda Rhimes (Simon & Schuster, 2016)
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
LIKE THE PODCAST?
NEED SUPPORT FOR YOURSELF OR YOUR BUSINESS?
[Music: “Easy” by SPCZ]