From the time she was nine years old and her family immigrated to the United States from Nigeria, Luvvie Ajayi always knew there was something different about her. But as a child, she shielded those differences in order to fit in while growing up in her new home of Chicago, Illinois. As she has gotten older and wiser — and discovered that her individuality, in particular, is what sets her apart from others in a powerful way — Luvvie has learned that “what makes you different is what makes you awesome!”
On the episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Luvvie takes us on her journey from being an award-winning and beloved blogger of her AwesomelyLuvvie.com blog to becoming a New York Times bestselling author of her first book, I’m Judging You: The Do-Better Manual. And she reminds us that in a world where numbers and comparisons and “grinding” may overwhelm us, the best way to “win” is by knowing that you have no competition when it comes to being the best YOU that you can be.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- Why the things that make you different make you awesome.
- When to recognize that the Universe is giving you a nudge.
- How to keep moving forward on your path even when you don’t have a map.
- The turning point when Luvvie knew her blog was making an impact.
- Why she decided not to play “the numbers game.”
- Why you don’t really have competition.
- The power of vision and writing things down.
- What people misunderstand about book publishing industry.
VISIT LUVVIE AT AwesomelyLuvvie.com
BUY LUVVIE’S BOOK, I’m Judging You: The Do-Better Manual, at ImJudgingYouBook.com.
FOLLOW LUVVIE AT…
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
LIKE THE PODCAST?
NEED SUPPORT FOR YOURSELF OR YOUR BUSINESS?
[Music: “Easy” by SPCZ]