In this episode of Support is Sexy, Founder of BroglieBox Julia Broglie opens up about her struggles with mental health and losing a brother to suicide, and how her journey led to starting the BroglieBox company. Mental health has never been so important. Listen for support strategies for your mental health and practical tips for your business in this episode of Support is Sexy.
Elayne Fluker is the author of the new book “Get Over ‘I Got It’: How to Stop Playing Superwoman, Get Support and Remember that Having It All Doesn’t Mean Doing It All Alone.” As host of the SUPPORT IS SEXY podcast, she interviews more than 500 successful women entrepreneurs around the world, who share inspiring, true stories of the ups and the downs of their entrepreneurial journeys. Elayne is also the founder of SiS.Academy, an online learning platform for women entrepreneurs. For more information about Elayne Fluker, please visit elaynefluker.com. Thank you for listening!
About our Guest:
Julia Broglie is the Founder of the social impact company BroglieBox. At BroglieBox, boxes – or “care packages” are curated with tools and resources for mental health in a way that feels warm, lighthearted, and fun.
Insight from this episode:
- How Julia is fighting the stigma of mental health in an approachable way.
- Strategies for grieving in healthy ways and helping others who are.
- Details on the Six Pillar of Mental Wellness and how to best support them in your life.
- Tips for being a responsive company and how BroglieBox was impacted by 2020.
Quotes from the show:
- On her brother Justin: “He kept telling me, I just want to make a difference in this world. And he is making a difference now. I feel him guiding me, and I feel like he’s touched so many people after his death because every single person that receives one of our boxes, it was inspired by him.” –Julia Broglie Support is Sexy Ep. #784
- “We need to be open about this [how Justin died] because we don’t want any other family to go through what we’re going through right now… and if us talking about it saves a life or brings awareness or fights the stigma, then we’re going to shout it from the rooftops.” –Julia Broglie Support is Sexy Ep. #784
- “If you’re going to a therapist once or twice a week, what are you doing in the in-between? What are you doing every single day to support your mental health or even just remind yourself, hey I should check in with myself, what is one thing I can do for myself?” –Julia Broglie Support is Sexy Ep. #784
- “2020 was that year that a lot of us realized that even if you’re not directly involved in a situation that you might think would cause grief, just even being on the outside or witnessing it on television or just knowing what’s going on in the world or seeing people who are losing a family, for example, can cause grief.” –Elayne Fluker Support is Sexy Ep. #784
- “You are your company’s greatest asset. And when you’re not treating yourself as your company’s greatest asset, then your company’s going to suffer.” –Julia Broglie Support is Sexy Ep. #784
National Suicide Prevention Hotline
Text HOME to 741741 for Crisis Text Counsel
Mental Wellness Care Package Giveaway
CLICK HERE to get 50% off the audiobook of Get Over “I Got It” by Elayne Fluker (HarperCollins Leadership)!
Facebook: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Elayne Fluker
Youtube: Elayne Fluker
LinkedIn: Julia Broglie
Support is Sexy
Website: Support is Sexy Podcast
Facebook: Support is Sexy
Youtube: Support is Sexy Podcast Playlist
Post-production for this episode was provided by Podcast Laundry.