Celebrity makeup artist Mimi Johnson has always been determined to be more than a celebrity makeup artist. The serial entrepreneur from Kansas City, Missouri, is also the owner of The Glamatory, a full-service makeup boutique, and recently launched her new content site, GrindPretty.com. But, although she has always been creative, the Atlanta resident never knew she’d go from working in IT to being the “It” girl for makeup in ATL on shows like Real Housewives of Atlanta and for well-known faces like Angela Simmons and Issa Rae.
On this episode of the Support is Sexy podcast, Mimi talks about the importance of planning your exit and considering your legacy for your business, taking smart, measured steps to leap from side-hustle to full-time entrepreneur and being open to discover your passion whenever it shows up along your journey.
On this episode you’ll learn:
- Why you have to be aware of where your advice comes from.
- The importance of self discovery, especially while in college.
- Remembering what’s for you is for you.
- Her tips for taking the leap from side-hustle to full-time entrepreneur.
- The steps she took to become an in-demand makeup artist.
- The secrets to success for building your brand as a makeup artist and make an impact.
- What people misunderstand (and underestimate) most about the makeup industry.
- Why it was important for her to establish other businesses beyond makeup.
- And the value of legacy and generational wealth.
VISIT MIMI JOHNSON AT mimijonline.com.
FOLLOW MIMI JOHNSON AT…
VISIT THE GLAMATORY AT theglamatory.com.
1675 Cumberland Pkwy, SE #408
Smyrna, GA 30080
FOLLOW THE GLAMATORY AT…
VISIT GRIND PRETTY AT grindpretty.com.
FOLLOW GRIND PRETTY AT…
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
DON’T MISS AN EPISODE OF SUPPORT IS SEXY!
NEED SUPPORT FOR YOURSELF OR YOUR BUSINESS?